Friday, September 28, 2012

A Brief Hiatus...

Shanah Tovah! Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope that you all enjoyed your High Holiday experiences, whether here in Wallingford or wherever you are around the world. In light of how little time there was between the end of Yom Kippur and this upcoming Shabbat, I am unfortunately going to have to leave you without a blog post yet again. In lieu of writing something for parashat Haazinu, I am including a link to my High Holiday sermons, so you can see that I really have been busy! :-)

www.ohev.net/sermons

In addition, I am proud to inform you that this Shabbat morning we will be concluding three years of studying Pirkei Avot, the Ethics of Our Fathers. It's a pretty momentous occasion for Ohev Shalom, and it coincidentally coincides with the last week of our Torah cycle, as next week is Sukkot and then we go back to reading the first chapters of the Book of Genesis! In honor of our siyyum (conclusion of study), I share with you the final Mishnah (teaching) of Pirkei Avot:

11. Everything that the Holy, Exalted One created in the world, was created solely for God's glory. As it is written (Isaiah 43:7): "All that is called by My name, I created it, formed it, and made it for My glory." It is further written (Exodus 15:18): "Adonai shall reign forever and ever."

Shabbat Shalom!

Rabbi Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews