Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rosh Hashanah: Happy New Year and G'mar Tov!

Shana Tovah - Happy New Year!

I apologize for my absence from the blogging-world last week, but as you can imagine, I've had my hands quite full with the High Holidays. I am still very much in the midst of holiday preparations and sermonizing, so I will not be writing an official blog post once again. Being that this is the season of atonement and apologizing - Sorry.

However, in case you are curious about what I've been up to, and what I've been writing, you can actually watch my sermons yourself. If you're interested, I have recorded my three Rosh Hashanah sermons for your viewing pleasure. After Yom Kippur, I will attempt to put those speeches up as well. Furthermore, if you are planning on joining us at Ohev Shalom for Yom Kippur, you may want to peruse these recordings, because all my sermons are actually linked together. As I told the Jewish Exponent in last week's paper, my sermons this year are all about "a sense of community," and each sermon will contribute another piece of the puzzle through to the end of Neilah on Saturday night.

So I apologize again for no blog post, but if you DO check out the videos, please write and let me know what you think. Thanks so much!

Even though it is still a New Year, the greeting we offer one another changes for Yom Kippur. We now offer each other a G'mar Chatima Tovah (say that five times fast...), which means, essentially, "May you have a good end to this season, and may you be sealed in the Book of Life." Or you can also shorten it and just say:

G'mar Tov!


Photo in this blog post courtesy of Ohev Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews