Friday, October 21, 2022

Saying Goodbye.

Dear wonderful readers and followers of this blog, Take on Torah:

After 13+ years and 675 blog posts, I have decided to stop writing Take on Torah. I will be leaving my pulpit at Ohev Shalom in early December, and do not yet know where I’m going or where I’ll end up. It feels fitting to end this blog on the Torah portion of Bereisheet, at the very beginning of the Torah, with many new adventures and opportunities ahead of us all. 

This blog will remain online, hopefully indefinitely, and I’ve included the name of each week’s Torah portion in the title of the post. If you ever want to read my Divrei Torah again, or see my High Holiday sermons, or even some of my synagogue newsletter articles, feel free to peruse this site whenever. If you find yourself wanting to comment, ask a question, or in some other way react to what you're reading, please, please do reach out to me. I truly cherish your feedback - positive, constructive, and yes, even negative - and I'm certainly always up for a spirited exchange about the Torah!

Thank you for all these years of support and encouragement. Your comments and feedback have honed and improved my writing, and you have challenged me to see things from new angles. It has been my sincere pleasure and honor to write this blog for so long, and to share my take on the weekly Torah portions with all of you. I hope that you will continue to engage with the Torah; mining the text for deeper meaning and seeking out relevant messages for all of our everyday lives. It is a living, breathing document, that begs us to stay in relationship with it as the soul of our Jewish peoplehood. As I have done since the very *genesis* of this blog, I invite - and even urge - you to “take on [the] Torah!” Challenge it, wrestle with the text, let it push you and your thinking a little… and then push it right back. 

Thank you for reading my thoughts and commentaries, and for continuing to engage with the texts of our wonderful, ancient, multi-faceted tradition. Please remember always that learning is life-long, and we should constantly seek out opportunities to discover something new or shift our perspective. Be grateful for the ability to grow as a human being, and strive to regularly evolve your thinking. Thank you so much.

לך לשלום חברים - Go in peace, dear friends.



CC image in this blog post, courtesy of Ashashyou on Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews